Hall of Fame
2013 Hall of Fame Inductees
Christy Burdon, Gerome Castleberry, Jason Wilkerson
CRITERIA FOR RECEIPT OF HALL OF FAME AWARD
The Hall of Fame designation is awarded to an individual who meets the qualifications outlined below in the following categories:
2. Athletic Player at the University
3. Meritorious Achievement
Any candidate for receipt of the Hall of Fame designation in the category of coaching must meet the following three (3) criteria:
1(a). Must be a current or former head coach, assistant coach or athletic administrator at the institution for fiver years or more.
1(b). The candidate must have attended as a student or coached at the University to qualify. They must have excelled in the profession of coaching at the high school, college, and/or professional level in his or her chosen field of athletics.
2. The candidate must have made a remarkable, and long-lasting positive impact on the team and/or program he or she was involved with as a coach.
3. The candidate must credit his or her success, at least partially, to his or her involvement, relationship, and/or experience with the University.
Athletic Player at the University
Any candidate for receipt of the Hall of Fame designation in the category of athletic player at the University must meet the following three (3) criteria:
1. Is a graduate of the University or attended the majority of his or her undergraduate year at the University.
2. Excelled in athletics while at the University and/or during his or her athletic endeavors after leaving the University to such a degree that the individual was remarkable and distinguished himself or herself as an exceptional athlete and made a positive impact on the team or in the sport in which he or she participated.
3. Receipt of the Award would bring honor and respect to the University at the time of the individual’s induction.
Any candidate for Receipt of the Hall of Fame designation in the category of meritorious achievement must meet the following criteria:
1. The designation as a member of the Hall of Fame in the category of meritorious achievement is awarded to an individual who has made a remarkable, historic and long-lasting positive impact upon the University and its athletic program; and/or an individual whose achievements after leaving the University bring honor, respect, and recognition to the University.
PROCEDURAL RULES FOR AWARDS
As many as three (3) candidates can be inducted into the Hall of Fame each year. A candidate for each category can be inducted each year or all three (3) candidates can be inducted into one (1) category each year. Likewise, if none of the nominated candidates (Hall of Fame or Milam Award) meet with the approval of the selection committee, no induction of any proposed candidate is necessary.
In order for any nominated candidate to receive induction into the Hall of Fame or to receive the Milam Award, the Selection Committee must agree:
1. That the candidate qualifies; and
2. That the candidate should receive the designated honor by vote of the selection committee members for that year. Voting by the selection committee shall be by written ballot or voice vote. However, straw votes can be taken by the President at any time before a formal vote is taken. Each Selection Committee member has one vote.
Year of Induction (Category) 2013 Burdon, Christy (Soccer) 2013 Castleberry, Gerome (Football) 2013 Wilkerson, Jason (Men's Basketball) 2012 Griffith, Stormy (Women's Basketball) 2012 Miller, Ron (Coaching) 2012 Summers, Terry (Football) 2011 Mike Fairchild (Baseball) 2011 Eddie Collins (Baseball, Coach) 2011 John Smith (Meritous Service) 2010 Leslie Phillips (Softball) 2010 Daniel Stone (Cross Country) 2010 Gina Farmer (Women’s Basketball) 2009 Harold Jones (Coach) 2009 Dr. Tim Green (Meritous Service) 2009 Lloyd Waner (Baseball) 2008 Doug Tolin (Coach) 2008 Don Wilson (Football) 2008 Darlene Calip (Women’s Basketball) 2007 Wayne Cobb 2007 Kenyea Beach (Basketball) 2007 Ronald Miller (Basketball) 2006 Chuck Liston (Basketball) 2006 Eldon Flinn (Coach) 2006 Cherene Hisel (Softball) 2005 Coleman, Jeff (Basketball) 2005 Douglas, Donnie (Football) 2005 Hiesl, Cherene (Softball) 2004 Cooper, Leonard (Basketball) 2004 Kennon, Frank (Coach) 2004 Walbrick, Hank (Coach) 2003 Ade, Ryan (Football) 2003 Eales, Warner "Hook" (Coach) 2003 Rose, Gary (Coach) 2002 Cotton, Rebecca (W. Basketball) 2002 Stokes, Marvin (Coach) 2002 Williams, Bob "Slug" (Football) 2001 Black, Bryant (Football) 2001 Smith, Joe (Baseball, Bsktbll, Trk) 2001 Weber, Joe (Coach) 2000 Delaplain, Paul (Basketball) 2000 Jensen, Bill (Deceased) (Coach) 2000 McAdams, Jay (Basketball) 1999 Bartlett, Burl (Coach) 1999 Jack, Tyler (Football) 1999 Redman, Tommy (Football) 1999 Thomason, Jim (Coach) 1998 Graham, Todd (Football) 1998 McClearin, Max (Coach) 1998 Wilkinson, Kaye (Basketball) 1997 Brumley, Bob (Coach) 1997 Newton, Leland (Coach) 1996 Daughtery, John (Deceased) (Coach) 1996 Farmer, Ray (Deceased) (MET) 1996 Kemp, Vernell (Basketball) 1995 Koller, Bill (Coach) 1995 Leighton, Dean "Lefty" (MET) 1995 Roley, Ervin (Deceased) (Football) 1995 Shelton, Bobby (Basketball) 1994 Calip, Neal (Football) 1994 Tunnell, Joe (Coach) 1994 Warren, Hugh (Deceased) (MET) 1993 Kimrey, Timothy (Football) 1993 Landrith, Paul (Coach) 1993 McPhee, Mary (Deceased) (MET) 1992 Bowen, Murl (Coach) 1992 Conway, Dr. Jim (Football) 1991 Bare, Albert (Deceased) (MET) 1991 O'Neal, Pat (Coaching) 1991 Turner, Ken (Coach) 1990 Calip, Brad (Football) 1990 Hammon, William (Football) 1990 Sharp, Bobby (Deceased) (Football) 1989 Hurt, Mike (Baseball) 1989 Nelson, Mike (Basketball) 1989 Tyndall, Teresa (Tennis) 1988 Conway, Bryan (Tennis) 1988 Gaines, Marvin (Basketball) 1988 Nelson, Mark (Football) 1987 Gastineau, Mark (Football) 1987 Hawkins, Woody (Football) 1987 Hill, Roger (Football) 1986 Thrift, Clifford (Football) 1986 Wood, Ed (Football) 1985 Allen, Dewey (Tennis) 1985 Harrison, Lotus (Deceased) (Baseball) 1985 Newson, Winfred (Football/Basketball) 1985 Wood, Mike (Football) 1984 Green, Dr. Freddy (Baseball) 1984 Grimes, Keith (Basketball) 1984 James, Ronnie (Football) 1983 Anderson, Jerry (Deceased) (Coach) 1983 Kane, Russell (Deceased) (Football) 1983 McClain, Dewey (Football) 1982 Jensen, Lester (Football) 1982 Ray, Jack (Basketball) 1974 Burnett, Carson (Golf) 1971 Brown, Donnie (Football) 1971 Rushing, John (Basketball) 1971 Thompson, Rick (Football) 1969 Morgan, Gil (Golf) 1966 Bell, Tommy (Football) 1966 Fischer, Royce (Deceased) (Football) 1964 Bass, David (Basketball) 1963 Estes, H.O. (Football) 1962 Sanches, Dr. Francisco (Baseball) 1958 George, Elvan (Deceased) (Coach) 1958 Morgan, Shelby (Baseball) 1950 Howell, Stacey (Basketball) 1950 Overton, Claudell (Deceased) (Bsktball) 1948 Gaither, Bill (Deceased) (Football) 1946 York, Buddy (Deceased) (Basketball) 1943 Capshaw, Calvin (Deceased) (Bsktball) 1943 Miller, Dr. Ross (Tennis) 1942 McPhereson, J.O. (Deceased) (Football) 1936 Anderson, JB (Deceased) 1936 Axton, John (Deceased) (Football) 1933 Daughtery, Marvin (Deceased) (Bsktbll) 1933 Webb, Roy (Basketball) 1931 Carlton, Bart (Deceased) (Basketball) 1931 Phillips, Clarence (Deceased) (Bsktball) 1930 Lanthrip, J.F. (Basketball) 1930 Phillips, Wallace (Deceased) (Bsktball) 1928 Capps, Wilburn (Deceased) (Football) 1928 McBride, Mickey (Deceased) (Coach) 1926 Kelly, John Jr. (Football) 1925 Kratz, Paul (Deceased) (Football) 1923 Waner, Paul (Deceased) (Baseball)